May was Mental Health Awareness Month. In honor of this, we wanted to talk about creator burnout—what’s causing it, and how we can help make the industry a healthier and more positive place. Based on a survey of 160+ influencers, creative burnout and feelings of stress, anxiety, and pressure are on the rise.
According to the survey, 73% of creators say that Creative Burnout regularly negatively impacts their mental well-being.
How can you best manage your mental health? With many top influencers leaving Instagram or choosing to quit altogether, we wanted to have a conversation with mental health professionals and influencers to address how pervasive these feelings are in the influencer space.
- Alyssa Petersel, LMSW, CEO & Founder, MyWellbeing
- Emma Demar, LCSW, ThatTrendyTherapist
- Jess Kirby, Founder, JessAnnKirby.com
- James Nord, Founder & CEO, Fohr
- DonYe Taylor, Director of Creator Initiatives, Fohr
We want to address the topic of mental health, including:
- Survey responses and insights from 165 creators in the space
- How to manage these feelings and communicate them
- Stories from fellow influencers in the community
- Setting your 'House Rules' to help you set boundaries with your audience and partnerships