Name: Natacha John but most people call me Tacha or Tach Instagram:@tach.j Fohr profile:Tacha J Years of being an Influencer: 2 years
1. What does success as an influencer look like to you? I think success as an influencer is having an impact on your audience that is larger than you. I don't want people to look at my work and think, "why can't I do that?" I want them to feel inspired to walk in their purpose too!
2. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? I am a total introvert. For every hour spent out, I swear I need about 5 completely to myself. It doesn't help that I recently moved and love my apartment so much that I never want to leave it haha!
3. How do you try and stand out from other people with similar followings and niches? What makes you different? To be completely honest, I don't really try to stand out. There are tons of influencers out there and what makes someone great is when you can tell they're operating from a place of authenticity. So personally, I just focus on myself and how to make my work a reflection of myself.
4. Do you create content full-time? If so, how'd you get there? If not, how do you balance your other work? If you ask me, I have two full-time jobs because I don't treat creating like a part time job, it's a priority to me. So even while I'm working my my desk job, I'm always thinking about my next shoot, conceptualizing a campaign I'm working on, negotiating a new deal, etc. I'm always on the clock. I just do whatever I have to to get it done!
5. Who do you look to for inspiration? I'm always inspired by women—their stories, interests, complexities, and beauty.
6. What’s the hardest thing about your job? I'm a one woman show and it's been difficult handling all aspects of this business while I'm still holding down a full-time job. It can feel like there aren't nearly enough hours in the day so for me it's key to be organized and plan ahead so that I can get everything done and done well!
7. What’s your favorite image that you’ve ever taken? Oh, that's tough! If I have to pick, I'm going to say this one. I traveled to California for the first time last year and had the opportunity to with with a photographer, Jen (@jnnypjoe), and we created this phenomenal image together. Something about female creative energy is unmatched! This actually got featured on the Vogue Italia website!
8. Where is the influencer landscape headed—what would your job look like in 5 years? Oh man, this is something I'm always thinking about. There's no doubt in my mind that the industry will still be here and thriving, but I also think it's important to recognize that some of these social platforms may not be! That's why I'm really focusing hard on building all of my platforms so that if Instagram dies one day I won't be left with nothing. That's such a scary thought!
9. What has being an influencer done to your self image / self confidence? I've definitely struggled with self confidence over the years but funny enough, being in this industry has pushed me more into self-acceptance and it's really humbling. To do this job, and not get lost in it, I think you have to have a certain degree of that. It's easy to spiral downwards and compare yourself to this person and that person but there's something really special that happens when you just accept who you are and make it work for yourself. True self acceptance is a never ending journey though so don't think I'm completely on the other side of it! It definitely helps to have such an amazing audience that really supports me and is so sweet to me. It's mind-blowing because I'm just a regular girl. I'm not this mega beautiful Victoria Secret model that wakes up looking flawless and put together. I'm just me, so it's humbling to have this platform.
10. If someone were starting out today, what advice would you give that person? Just do it! Don't overthink it because you'll never fully be ready or know everything there is to know so just start and a year from now you'll be glad you did. It's a never-ending learning process but first you have to START.
"10 Questions" is a series where Fohr asks influencers, well, 10 questions to get to know them better. Check out other posts in the series here.