1. What does success as an influencer look like to you? For me, success is helping people! The internet can be such a negative and dark place, so my fiancee Allie and I aim to be a bit of a bright light. We want to help normalize all types of love and spread positivity.
Hearing from people that we've helped them in some way is the most rewarding thing! We get messages and emails everyday from people looking for advice or wanting to share their experiences with us. It's amazing the change we can have on someone's life just be supporting them and sharing our story.
2. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? I'm definitely an introvert! I find spending time with people a little draining and would rather spend nights in with my fiancee and pups.
3. You share your relationship both on your individual account and @allieandsam. How do you decide what content makes it to each account? Our shared Instagram account, @allieandsam is our largest social media channel. It's a dedicated account to sharing our lives as a couple and mostly photos of us!
On my personal account, @samkwiatkowski, I try and share a bit more of me, my story, and things I love.
There's a lot of overlap between the two accounts when it comes to photos, but since Allie writes all of the captions on @allieandsam you're getting a completely different viewpoint on my personal account, @samkwiatkowski.
4. Do you create content full-time? If so, how'd you get there? If not, what's your day job like? Creating content is my full-time job, but in a different way then people think! Allie and I are constantly creating content for our Instagram accounts, blog and YouTube and that takes up about 50% of our time. The other 50% of the time is spent on our social media management and consulting company, A & S Social. For A & S Social we manage social media accounts for businesses, create content for them to share on their businesses social channels, and help them grow their followings.
We love running our own business because it lets us work from anywhere! If a sponsored trip happens to pop up (or we just want to get away) we don't have to worry about taking any time off work. We can just pack up and go!
5. Who do you look to for inspiration? I look up to anyone that has been able to create a long career in the content creation industry! There are some content creators out there that I have loved for years and they're still going strong! It really says something about the community they've been able to create and their ability to adapt in an ever-changing landscape. Plus, I've been following along for so long, I feel like they're my best friends even though they don't even know I exist!
6. What’s the hardest thing about your job? The hardest part of my job is balancing it with my personal life. Allie and I both spend SO much time working. When you're self-employed like we are it's hard to turn off your brain and do other things because there is always something work-related that needs to be done.
7. What’s your favorite image that you’ve ever taken? We didn't capture this photo, the talented Rachael Shrum (@rachaelshrumphotography) did, but I love this moment. Allie proposed to me earlier this year and I was so shocked! I had absolutely no clue she was going to propose and this photo really shows that!
8. Where is the influencer landscape headed—what would your job look like in 5 years? I really have no clue! I mean social media influencers weren't even that big of a thing 5 years ago, so who knows where we will be in 5 more years! Things are constantly changing and really anything could happen! Hopefully, I'm still out there loving what I do and creating meaningful content to serve the amazing community of people I've built!
9. What has being an influencer done to your self image / self confidence? I feel a bit more confident in my skin! But, honestly, taking photos in public is still a little weird and makes me uncomfortable. People stare and sometimes stop to watch!
10. If someone were starting out today, what advice would you give that person?
Be true to yourself! Authenticity is everything in this industry and people can smell fakeness from a mile away.
Don't ever promote something you don't absolutely love and would share yourself.
People can be mean, but remember they don't really know you! You're amazing, don't worry.
"10 Questions" is a series where Fohr asks influencers, well, 10 questions to get to know them better. Check out other posts in the series here.